I am now running 0.7.1 Shere (revision 5127) since 1 month with Hyperthreading enabled and I had no issue. It seems to be fixed.
Still running without any issues 🙂
Re-installed FreeNAS this weekend and the problem didn’t come back!
Disabling Hyperthreading fixed it!
Disabling Hyperthreading in the Bios seems to do the trick, I haven’t yet got the error again, I am crossing my fingers.
Now I am trying to disable Hyperthreading to see if my problem will go away, stay tuned.
I had some “panic spin lock held too long” problem, my FreeNAS box was freezing without any reasons.
Here’s what I did:
- Resetted the Bios to default settings (I had turned OFF many things before)
- Installed using full install amd64 (I was using an embedded install before)
- System -> Advanced -> activated Power Daemon
- Network -> LAN -> activated Device Polling
- Network -> LAN -> Type 1000baseTX / Full-Duplex
And since then no more “panic spin lock held too long”.
Unfortunately, the problem came back 🙁 It seems to be related to when I leave mounted shares on my Ubuntu dektop for a long period without activity. I re-installed my NAS directly with FreeBSD/Samba and the same problem happened again.